At Latinissimo we have had the pleasure of teaching many couples that very special first dance for their wedding, we want your ‘First Dance’ to be a wonderful moment and a memory to cherish.
Giancarlo & Masha are experienced and professional dance instructors who have worked with beginners for over a decade and have developed effective teaching methods to help indivicuals and couples with different dance levels, needs and goals to excell with thier dancing. They can assess couples ability very quickly and choreograph accordingly for them to their chosen piece of music; or if they prefer we can advise music for the particular dance they want to learn.
As Latinissimo specializes in Latin dances, you will have a range of styles to choose from, such as Salsa, Bachata, Brazilian Zouk and Cha Cha Cha. Or perhaps you would like to mix it up for your first dance with a mash-up of various styles! Don’t worry if you haven’t danced before, that's what we are here for! We will teach you step-by-step, at your individual pace as we have done with many couples in the past.
We make sure you feel comfortable and confident with the routine which will be simple yet effective and above all elegant and unique.
Book an "Intro" Lesson
The "Intro" lesson is a session divided into two parts: For approximately 30-40mins, we'll introduce you to one, two or three dance styles (generally Salsa/Mambo, Brazlilian Zouk, Bachata or Cha Cha). This for you to get familiar with and get a feel for which dance style is best suited for you. It will also give us a chance to asses your dancing and give us a chance to know how to choreograph accordingly.The rest of the time is devoted to finding out specific details, make a lessons plan if possible and discuss your music selection. Please note that most music with 4-4 timing will be suitable for any of the four styles mentioned.
Book To book an Intro Wedding lesson please contact us by email, or call/text Masha.
Wedding choreography that suits you!
Some couples are naturally confident on the dance floor, thrilled by a chance to show off their moves. However, some couples understandably feel anxious about dancing in front of all their wedding guests. Whether you want to tear up the dance floor or simply get through it without any major mishaps, our dance lessons build confidence, whilst teaching you the skills and steps you need for a wonderful dance at your wedding.
Anya & Andrei Moroz
Dance style choice: Brazilian Zouk
Music choice by Anya: "Could I have this Kiss Forever" - Enrique Iglesias & Whitney Houston
Choreography by: Giancarlo & Masha
Zhi & Violet Lee
Dance style choice: Salsa
Music choice by Zhi: "I've got you" - Leona Lewis
Choreography by: Giancarlo & Masha
Video of Zhi & Violet coming soon!
Q: How many lessons will we need?
A: On average most couples start feeling the first degree of comfort and confidence at about the 5th lesson.
Q: What should we wear for the classes?
A: Anything from casual attire to gym or dance wear. Comfortable clothes that don't restrict movement. Most people come straight from work and are in their work clothes, others wear jeans or simply casual clothes.
Q: How much does it cost?
A: Please see our Private Lessons page for different package and pricing options.
Q: Are the lesson held in a private room?
A: Private lessons guarantees optimal individual attention from the instructor. Occasionally there may or may not be other people A Studio is typically shared with other Private Lessons. Distractions are actually very useful in the process of practicing/ learning, as they are a part of the real world, where ultimately the goal is just to dance... easily and effortlessly.
- Time is of essence, don't wait until last minute. Keep in mind things get very hectic as the wedding day approaches. We recommend starting three to six months prior to allow more time for practice, specially if you are newcomers to dancing.
- Its ok if you haven’t chosen on a song yet. On your very first lesson we will introduce you to the main dances most couples use. We can help make suggestions depending on which dance you like and do the best from there. If you already have a song chosen, make sure you bring it with you.
- Be patient when learning. Dancing is a great stress reliever, and a fun date night. Keep it light hearted and don't put too much pressure on yourselves.
- Avoid teaching eachother. You’ll both have a lot more fun dancing if you let your instructor do the teaching.
- Practice in the correct shoes. Ideally wear the shoes you’ll be wearing on the big day.
- Let us know what kind of dress you will be wearing for the dance.
- Let us know if you plan to have your hair done in any particular way that may obstruct underarm turns.
- Be consistent with your appointments. The more often you come in, the less review there will be on each lesson. Plan at least once a week to get the most from your lessons.
- Join one of the courses whenever possible.
- Learning to dance for a wedding is a special gift that you and your spouse-to-be can give to each other. A couple who feels confident and poised when they dance together will ensure that their very first dance together as husband and wife will be a memory to cherish forever.